Waste cleanup volunteer-Singleton street Colter creek

      Waste cleanup activity- one of my favorite outdoor activities. So today which Feb,20 2021, I participated in 6th waste cleanup activity,5th with Keep coyote creek beautiful organization. I am glad to find this organization. They have motivated team which conducts cleanup twice a month, engages people across all ages especially school kids in cleanup activity. I can see nothing but immense energy and enthusiasm among volunteers while doing cleanup activity. I am happy and thankful to start getting trained as team leader for coordinating and supporting the volunteers team in the cleanup activity. This provided me a chance to showcase and improve my coordination skill. This further provided me a motivation to go for this cleanup activity. I really thank the team for this opportunity.

Today, it was raining in the morning. I thought the event will be cancelled. But to my surprise, the event started on time braving the weather and more than 35 volunteers showed up today. They exhibited immense interest for waste cleanup activity. It is always easy to work with this bunch of enthusiastic volunteers. I had to work closely with a experienced team leader for this coordination activity. I was asked by that team leader to lead one of the group today. I was excited as well as bit concerned. I welcomed the group of volunteers and gave them with safety and work related instructions. It was great to see the smile in everyone's face. I met the regular father and son duo. No words to share my happiness working with this organization. 

We led the 10+ volunteers who are mostly school kids. Though they were doing as part of completing their school program, they shown lot of dedication in cleaning up wastes. Some worked as group and some worked alone. Everybody contributed a lot to this cleanup efforts. 


   Sharing some pictures below. 


                                                          One final hustle in cleanup

                        

                                                  Volunteers braving rainy weather





Volunteer sign in registration tent

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tree planting volunteering with Our City Forest -San Jose

Solo hiking#3-Rancho San Antonio park, Cupertino

Volunteer army for nature's cause