Half marathon#6-Cupertino

 Half marathon , a continues run for 13.1 miles, is a challenge for runners. It is pretty hard , but the achievement gives great level of confidence and happiness. It injects immense amount dopamine. Instills dogged perseverance.

Ran my sixth half marathon today in Cupertino streets and park. It was the most toughest run I did. I was underprepared , didnt do any warmup or workout, didnt have my breakfast, and had an energy draining self pleasure activity. I also didn't carry water or banana. Phew. Would have died. lol. 

I felt not so great at the start of the run itself, as it was so warm and I started thinking about. I should have grabbed a water to the park or atleast the packaged coconut water. Nah, I wanted to push hard and see whether I can fight it out. It was a slow start, and I was surrounded by lot of people in the park. I didnt carry a mask, so I was wary of not going closer to anyone. People were walking close to me. 

Unlike my last run, I didnt feel great for most of time running. I was so tired after my 8 miles. I thought more than once to end the run, especially after 9 miles. Luckily, I carried a half lemon, I was licking it often to get some energy. After 10 miles, I ate that lemon as raw, I cant help it. But it really helped me to manage till last. Many time, I took a minute break and walked for little. It was really hard to keep running. I was getting late for 4:45PM yoga class. I continued running despite of quitting thoughts. I had to come home around 12.5 miles to take a sip. It was so relieving after drinking the coconut water. Then , I went for run to complete the half marathon.

I attended the Yoga class at 4:55. It was painful doing the steps. I was pushing hard here as well. After a while, I couldnt do much and left the class early. 

It wasnt a best effort in running, but my withstanding capability got better. I won over the quitting thought and managed to finish the marathon run. 

For my next run, I will be better prepared, I would aim for 2 hour:45 minutes completion run








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tree planting volunteering with Our City Forest -San Jose

Solo hiking#3-Rancho San Antonio park, Cupertino

Volunteer army for nature's cause